Two parents for each class at Scribner act as liaisons between the teacher and the parents based on the teacher’s directives. The Room Parent helps the teacher as requested including calling the class list when necessary for PTA functions, and acting as the Emergency Plan contact.
- soliciting volunteers in June to become room parents
- collecting volunteer forms and assigning room parents in late summer
- contacting room parents
- preparing documents and making folders for room parents
- hosting the annual Room Parent Tea on the first or second week of school
- making phone calls as needed to remind room parents of activities, votes, emergencies, etc.