Manage the Scribner Road PTA Website and E-News including collecting information on all the important things happening in our school and community to post on the website, and providing access to flyers and paperwork used by the PTA via links on the site.
E-News is a PTA electronic communication to members of the Scribner community. Posts include such topics as our bi-weekly newsletter, Scribbles; PTA meeting agendas and minutes; information and reminders about upcoming events; urgent messages from our Principal; meeting reminders; etc.
Submit articles to ScribnerENews@gmail.com
You may sign-up to receive Scribner E-News by selecting the Join our FREE Email Mailing List link on the left menu. If you have a PTA-related event you wish to advertise to the Scribner parent community, send an email with the text of your message to the E-News committee members listed on the Committee page of this website. You can include forms or documents that will be posted to the website, and a link to that document will be included in the E-News posting.
- making sure the PTA budget has the correct amount for website maintenance (currently $240/year) each summer in August
- posting all PTA meeting minutes, agendas and current budget information; posting agendas at the same time they are distributed to parents via backpacks and E-News; publishing minutes and budget information following each PTA meeting
- updating Announcements on the website weekly on Sunday evenings, unless there is an urgent message to be posted; collecting information during the week (many items may stay up for several weeks.); working with the PTA President and E-News Chair to create announcements
- updating the PTA Calendar of Events before the beginning of the school year; obtaining calendar from Main Office staff and PTA Event dates from the President/President-Elect in August; publishing school events for the current month during the school year; coordinating this with the School Calendar Chair
- posting the Scribner Road PTA Rainbow Calendar monthly; coordinating with the School Calendar Chair
- keeping the Documents and Forms, FAQ and Useful Links current
- updating the Officers Page with current officers and contact information in August; testing any changes to make sure the email component works properly
- maintaining the Committee Pages – updating with current information provided by each Committee Chair; updating the Committee Table with current members’ names, to be provided by the Volunteer Coordinator in August; posting the Committee Chair listing that includes names, phone numbers and email addresses when available
- posting pictures of PTA Events making sure there are none of families who have opted out of having their photos published – may require solicitation for pictures
- managing the Editor and Webmaster mailboxes; forwarding mail notes to the appropriate individual(s) for response and/or responding to the sender as appropriate
- working with the E-News Editor to handle urgent requests
- creating polls on the PTA homepage as needed
- receiving requests for email distribution; if necessary, having these approved by the PTA President
- creating and sending these messages using Constant Contact software
- working with the Website Editor to handle urgent requests